Saturday, May 28, 2016

Rainbow snippet May 28th-29th.

.
An unedited snippet from a manuscript we are working on.
Set in Victorian England. 

Jacob Doone visits London in search of his twin brother. His only lead, a flyer advertising a production of, Dr Faustus, at the Regents Theatre. On the back  his brother had penned. Must see! M, is simply outstanding. Love J.
M, turns out to be Mephistopheles. Played by the enigmatic, Christian DeLaCroix


Beautiful Deception.



Christian sat on the bed and furrowed his brow shifting on the lumpy mattress. Jacob’s face reddened. Curious, Christian rose and lifted the bed linens, then pulled his book from under the mattress. He threw his head back and let loose a hearty laugh.
“I… I did not want anyone else to stumble across it,” Jacob tried to explain his actions
“Of course. I see your dilemma with all your entertaining,” Christian teased. “I was remiss leaving it here. I wouldn't compromise your reputation. Please accept my apologies.” 

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture.

    I wonder what's in the book that Jacob didn't want anyone else to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous isn't it. What is our little bookseller hiding?

      Delete
  2. Now I'm curious about the book...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curiosity is a good thing. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Ah, nothing like a classy gentleman! (tries not to drool) I love the chemistry between Christian and Jacob! I'm already visualizing the two of them in candlelight. (heart)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great pair. (Yep, we're biased) Thanks for reading

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nowe I need to know what that book is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps the latest issue of Playvamp, (wink) Thanks for your comment

      Delete